OWN YOUR PERSONALIZED SOFT COVER COPY
SAVE 35% OFF OF RETAIL PRICE
Contact the author at guybala@yahoo.com

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Beginnings of My Book

As I am preparing this book for publication, I am reminded of the many
people who have passed through my life and gifted me with experiences,
positive and not-so-positive, that are reflected in this book of poems.
For me, poetry is a language that has the most appropriate wording and
structure that allows me to express myself. It is a language that most
easily encases what I am feeling. The poetry that fills these pages began
rather innocently, with scribbles of words, then lines and phrases,
scratched on cocktail napkins and the odd scraps of paper. After a
while, a pattern began to emerge, like a musical score come to life, a
performance of dance brought to movement, or an inspiring landscape
swashed across a canvas. It became clear that my heart had things to
say.
Yet, poetic inspiration and flowery verse are not the primary reason
for my writing this book. Rather, my reasons for self-expression are
about the reflections one catches of oneself when one’s relationships
hold up the necessary and appropriate mirrors for self-exploration. I
believe this is how we come to understand ourselves, and in doing so,
come to understand one another.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this one. Its a sad truth how this reality of a messed up world can be. The ironic thing about it is that from the negative world surrounding us, some of us have the ability to create and bloom great beauty from it. I for one write stories more toward fantasy and historic fiction. The difference between you and I, is that your writing is about to be public. I can barely finish one book. But your accomplishment in its publishing, has sparked the light for me to get back into creative word and hopefully finish up with endings for my own projects. Thank you for showing me that its possible. ;)

    ReplyDelete