OWN YOUR PERSONALIZED SOFT COVER COPY
SAVE 35% OFF OF RETAIL PRICE
Contact the author at guybala@yahoo.com

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Process



As you know, if you have been following this blog – or if you have gone to the first posting and continued reading, the poetry which makes up Memories, Thoughts, and Dreams didn't start out as a book or even a collection of poems.  Scribbles, notes to myself, journal logs, and poems were all written completely separate from one other.  In time, the collection grew and had a similar theme,  it seemed.  I remember when I first started to organize the poems and type, on a typewriter, then – arranging the phrases and lines as if creating a painting – this was in the late 70s.  You see, I had some spare time in between selling cars and I had access to that ‘typewriter’.
So I found myself a portfolio consisting of plastic 81/2  by 11 sleeves.  I had my first book.  It remained my only book for years.  While in Highlands many years later and with a computer and keyboard at my fingertips, I created my first formatted copy of the book pretty much without changing a thing.  With access to a commercial grade copier, I spent many a night running page after page, poem after poem, front side – back side and book after book through that copier.  Got my hands on an industrial stapler and produced a number of books, complete with a .jpg cover of puffy white clouds against a blue sky and evidence of a ray of sun or two.  That was in 2000 or 2001; Memories, Thoughts and Dreams was sent out to a few friends and acquaintances and there it sat for another decade.
The process will be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment