OWN YOUR PERSONALIZED SOFT COVER COPY
SAVE 35% OFF OF RETAIL PRICE
Contact the author at guybala@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Changes to the Book

The book that was printed back in 2000 did not include "A Mountain's Sojourn" and included  three poems that are not in the current book.  The poems that were taken out, 'Am I' - 'Happy Day' - 'Untitled',  seemed to interrupt the theme of Memories, Thoughts, and Dreams.  What I did was write new poems to replace them, 'Kiss' - 'The Art of Love' - 'A Life's Sojourn'.

"A Mountain's Sojourn" was first written while living in Highlands, NC but it wasn't a poem at all.  I was writing - emailing - friends of mine back in SE Florida, mostly people that either I worked with or those that worked for me at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (you know who you are), some of whom never experienced the changing seasons of the north or some that missed the seasons.  My letters were filled with the descriptions of what I was experiencing.  One day I decided to go back and read all of those messages and found that with a little rephrasing, not much at all actually, I would have a beautiful poem . . .

More later about "A Mountain's Sojourn" in another post.




No comments:

Post a Comment